15 February 2012

Heaven on Earth


Today we are celebrating the 465th anniversary of the founding of the City of Irapuato where I live in the State of Guanajuato in Central México. I love this city and her people and for me this is a happy day. This is without a doubt the best place that I have ever lived and I feel blessed to be a proud member of the community. May God bless the City of Irapuato and her inhabitants.

Thank you God, and thanks also to Irapuato, Guanajuato, and México.

¡Viva Irapuato!
¡Viva Guanajuato!
¡Viva México!
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mexico Bob,
So happy to hear you say that Irapuato is the best place you have ever lived because . . . I think my family is going to be moving there soon. . . at least that is what our boss says. I like singing, too, and Mexican cooking also. Maybe we can get together for some family BBQs. . . meantime am brushing up espanol.

Bob Mrotek said...

Anonymous,

Come on down! Could you at least give me your first name so that you won't be so "anonymous"? :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry Bob, I realized later on I neglected to put a moniker on it. . . in my baby days of being a Spanish student, they used to call me "La Yeimi" although I am not sure how that should be spelled, exactly. . .sounded like "Yay-me" if I tried to write it in phonetic English. El esposo esta estudiando y estoy tratando de recordar como va el idioma. He says "why do I have to learn another language? I already speak two. You can do all the talking for me." "Yes, honey, but don't you at least want to learn how to say 'una cerveza, por favor'?"
"Yay-me"

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. I have been living in Mexico since January 6th, 1999. I am continually studying to improve my knowledge of the Spanish language and Mexican history and culture. I am also a student of Mandarin Chinese.