26 December 2008

Señor Jordan

I just discovered a blog for people who want to learn Spanish that is one of the best that I have seen so far. It is called “Señor Jordan’s Spanish Video Blog”. It utilizes a series of YouTube type videos in which a very talented young man present some very well thought out and well executed Spanish lessons. It is completely free and there are no strings attached. I strongly suggest that those of you out there who feel the need to learn Spanish take advantage of this opportunity because this material is equal to or better than anything you might find in a formal class. It might even be of help those of us who already think we know it all (Ahem!). The videos cover the basics and proceed to intermediate levels with more lessons being added all the time. I really applaud this young man and his efforts to help English speakers communicate in Spanish. Of course, he can't do everything for us. We still have to study vocabulary, common phrases, and idiomatic expressions but this guy can really help us over some of the rough spots. Now let's get going!
http://srjordan.wordpress.com/los-videos/

.

3 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

Bob -- I just listened to the first lesson. This set should work for me. At least, to keep on listening.

Anonymous said...

Gracias por la 'palanca' ;-) o sea... thanks for the hookup. I appreciate your site as well for the culture and hope it's ok that I've been linked onto your website for some time now!

¡Feliz Navidad!
-Sr. Jordan

Bob Mrotek said...

Steve,
Let me know when I can start quizzing you :)

Sr. Jordan,
It is I who should be thanking you! I think that your site is awesome and it is just what a lot of people need. I will tell you a secret. I ran through a couple of Level II videos and I learned some things that I didn't know. Shhhh, don't tell anyone or it will knock me down a peg or two. Please, please keep on doing what you are doing. You are making a difference.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. I have been living in Mexico since January 6th, 1999. I am continually studying to improve my knowledge of the Spanish language and Mexican history and culture. I am also a student of Mandarin Chinese.